Camping for Girls! is all about teamwork.
If it takes a village to raise children, it takes a team of women to enrich a young girl's life through a week at camp.
But that's not all! Joining means becoming a part of a trusting and loving group of women!
Our members come from diverse backgrounds and all bring unique talents and passions to our project.
- Each of us has something to contribute and we respect and value each person's effort, because it's only by working together that we can encourage young girls in our communities to become the best women they can be.
- Just as importantly, by working together members also form deep bonds of friendship - bonds that are the foundation of our chapters - and that last throughout our lives.
- We aren't always serious. Ask any member and she'll tell you that it's just more fun doing things together!
The work of our project is done locally. Groups of women form chapters to select campers, organize the camp season and raise money.
In 1911, six independent, progressive young women in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa determined to make their town a better place for young girls. Boys had lots of summer opportunities to be active, playing, and hunting. But for girls, life was far more limited. Their answer was summer camp and so is ours.
Get to know Camping for Girls! through the questions often asked of us. Find out who can join, the cost of membership, how we identify campers, the camps they attend and more.
We are governed by two elected boards: the Executive Board is responsible for the policies and business of the organization. Vision, goals and planning are all on the board's agenda. The Project Board oversees the camping project. The all volunteer boards members are elected by the membership every other year at the National Convention.
Financial Reporting and Ways to Support Camping for Girls!
- Camping for Girls! is registered as a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- We are supported by member dues and gifts.
- We also receive funding from Partner companies and foundations.
- Support can be given by check, credit card or investment products: stocks or bonds. Please contact our office to arrange for investment transfers.
- Become a Founders Circle member with a gift of $2500 or more. Please contact the office and complete the Founders Circle Form.
Documents available for download:
- Camping for Girls Fact Sheet
- Current Biennial Report
- Recent 990 filing
- Also see our profile on Charity Navigator